Sunday, August 22

Could you survive a month wearing six items or less?

Many of you have perhaps heard of the "experiment" of wearing six items or less for a whole month. The idea is simple, but the motives differ from person to person, where one might participate to be eco-friendly and consume less, one as a statement against fashion, and the other just to save money.  I watched a few interviews on the subject, read a few blog entries on their website, and came to the conclusion that it is no different than being in the army.

Really. I mean what do you get to wear in the army? Camouflage pants, camouflage button down shirt, white crew neck t shirts, black boots, a jacket of some sort, and maybe a sweater if it's winter time...Isn't that about six items?

Of course the experiment has exceptions, like for undergarments, swim wear, work-out clothes, work uniforms, outer jackets (rain slicker, outdoor jacket), shoes and accessories. You can get multiples of the same item for laundry purposes, but different colors count as separate items.  One girl just wore a wardrobe of black and white (she already owned a lot of black anyhow) and accessorized for difference. It took her coworkers more than two weeks to figure out that she was doing the project. Huh.

I wonder if I did would people notice? Probably not, huh? I love uniforms. I used to think I hated them, because I dislike feeling restricted, but I wore a uniform for a whole year and the only thing I had to think about was whether I had clean shirts for the next day. I had my shirt and dress hanging on my closet door and every morning the same s*** would be worn, only on a different day. It was niiiiice.

My brain doesn't function well in the morning so I spend at least five minutes in bed wondering what I shall wear and it really is a pain. So ideally I would have some sort of uniform for work, hence why I purchased so many pairs of black slacks (all different in style though), so that in the morning all I have to think about is which top will go with it (and of course they would all match!). I would buy cardigans and v-neck t shirts that would match all match with each other flawlessly so that I could randomly grab an item and it would match!

What do you think? Are you a uniform girl? Could you wear 6 items or less for 30 days?

2 comments:

  1. I think I can do it :) I'm a very minimalist person as it is :p It'd be interesting to try though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah? Maybe we should get a few bloggers together and do it at the same time? I don't know about 30 days though...I think I could do 14 days LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will seriously make my day ^___^
Thank you for taking the time to write to me. I will respond on this page.