Monday, July 12

Review: Zoya Nail Polish

I was pretty excited to try out my new polishes! I have brittle nails (probably lacking calcium) so it's very important for me to wear nail polish and protect my nails. Unfortunately this time I was in a hurry and didn't apply base (-.-) so on my index and ring finger I only have a single layer of Zoya's "Lyric", on the remaining three fingers I have double layers. I did this to show you how much color a single layer has already, and because I wanted to try on having some variety on my fingers without being daring (my interview style can be a little bland, but I like to think of myself as a blank slate).
Zoya's "Penny" I specifically purchased to use on my toe nails and I think it's a great color for summer, in the sense that it matches with my tanned feet (from wearing sandals to walk the dog). I'm a big fan of bronze too but I think this color, which is much more golden than an actual penny, is more summery.

The application of Zoya nail polish was smooth. It is quite watery, but as you can see there is still a lot of color on a single layer (versus some other brands that I won't mention now).  It didn't dry fast enough for it to look weird and not slow enough for me to mess up any nails (I have little patience...) so I definitely think I would buy Zoya again if I felt the need for more nail polish!

Have any of you tried the brand?

3 comments:

  1. I love nude nail polish and the Lyric one looks like a great way to show a little color but without being too extravagant!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love neutral polishes too! Lyric is a little more orange-y than the average neutral but it works for my tanned hands! The pinkish ones I have make me look twice as dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! A very unusual bronzy almost tone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will seriously make my day ^___^
Thank you for taking the time to write to me. I will respond on this page.