I have been thinking about writing a post on the prerequisites to being a fashion/beauty blogger, or even a "fashionista", but having read the the latest Green Scarf story on Independent Fashion Bloggers I feel that there is a need to make my own confession (albeit a vague one). My confession is that since March (2010) I have been trying to limit my shopping. I have done this by...
- refusing to swipe my credit card anymore, which I managed to do for more than a month (I caved in this month, not happy with myself).
- I have also been to the mall only to accompany other people in their shopping pursuits, which means...
- I browse but have learned to walk out the door without some sale item in my hand.
- I don't visit Marshalls/TJ Maxx weekly anymore (except to accompany yobo who enjoys buying his sporty stuff there i.e. soccer ball).
- I try to only buy on Ebay when I have money in my Paypal account (from selling)
- I tell myself that I don't deserve another purchase (which unfortunately means I can swipe for other people, like yobo, or most recently my mother-in-law's gifts) aka I don't need retail therapy
- I unsubscribed from all amazing deals/stores like Gilt (I had maybe 5 different memberships before).
Please let me know if you share my dilemma, if you would be interested in something related to the finance of fashion, or even personal budgeting tips (or links to them!). It would be wonderful to know that I'm not just writing to a wall here, or worse, an uninterested audience.