Friday, April 23

Do you celebrate Earth Day?

 For the sake of Earth Day, I'm putting up a new item for sale/trade on my Recycling Goods is Good for the Environment - page: Kenneth Cole's reusable Ecobag NWT!
It has a Peace sign on it :) Selling this for $20 (incl. shipping)  if you're interested! 
What do you do for our Earth? I nag at yobo about plastic bags (there was a time our Ikea plastic bag hanger was overfilled!) and try to remember to always have a canvas bag in the car so that we can pack our own things. I usually keep a small foldable bag in my purse as well. Now we have less than half the plastic bags we used to have! Also those nice store plastic bags you get? I recycle those by packing my ebay sales in them and shipping them out (this is really to prevent them from getting wet if it rains, I hate wet packages...). Brown paper bags from Costco or Trader Joe's I sometimes recycle by using them to package my ebay sales (if the item is so big it won't fit in the largest envelope I have). It'd be nice if I could just rely on recyclables and not have to spend money on packing materials. It's not like I make much of a profit off ebay anyhow.

Etoo~ this was about saving the environment, anyhow.  So I think buying second hand and selling things and donating clothes to those donation bins (sometimes hobos ask us not to throw the bags in but to just give it to them, but they make a mess in that area and I don't appreciate comments on what I donate) are important for recycling. We also try to recycle our cans and bottles whenever we have enough to get a few dollars out of it (it's so not worthwhile, yobo complains about his car getting sticky and having to wait in line and get your hands dirty--it's a system in the US that I think really needs work compared to what we have in Finland).

I have to admit that when I don't have to see the bill for water and electricity I don't really...care. I'm only worried about wasting them when I have to pay for them. When the landlord includes it in the rent I'm just like whatever. I do like washing laundry and such with cold water but yobo claims that cold water doesn't kill enough bacteria and insists on using at least warm water. He's a little paranoid about bacteria. O.o;

How do you do your part?


So I found this survey on Blog and since she tagged anyone who reads is and I've been wanting to do one, I decided to do it (I was quite a quiz/survey addict when I was active on eljay).


SKINCARE

- How many time do you wash your face daily?
I try to keep it at twice a day (with face wash).

- What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)Combo or dry, I used to be more oily combo, but now I'm more dry...

- What is your current facial wash?
I'm using Origins Checks and Balances at the moment.

-Do you exfoliate?
Yes :) I try to remember to do it 2-3 times a week. Occasionally I even remember to use my organic apple peel (by Juice Beauty).

-What brand do you use?I use Ole Hendriksen's Walnut Scrub and Origins Modern Friction.

-What moisturizer do you use?At the moment I'm using Nature's Garden's walnut (?) night moisturizer and Origins for day time.

-Do you have freckles?No?

-Do you use eye cream?
Yes. At the moment I'm using Lumene Sensitive Skin for night time and Vita-Nectar for daytime.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I have occasional acne, mostly from dirty phones and such. When it's bad I use an acne face wash.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-active?Yes, when I was 12 or so. Didn't work well, dried my skin.

MAKEUP

- What foundation do you use?Revlon Colorstay, and I like to only use a small amout mixed with my moisturizer to make more of a tinted moisterizer. I like the lighter coverage this way.

- How about concealer?
I'm using ELF coverstick at the moment. I bought a Covergirl one too but it's unopened.

- Do you know your undertone color?
For my face it's pink, but for the rest of my body (including neck) it's yellow. Strange huh?

- What do you think of fake eyelashes?Beautiful if you have the time and energy. Horrid when they fall off.

- Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, but I don't use it often enough so I end up just throwing it out after 3 months. Such a waste T-T

- What brand of mascara do you use?
Benefit.

- Sephora or MAC?
Sephora, not a big MAC fan...Why do I need professional & costume make up?

- Do you have a MAC pro-card?
Nope. See above.

- What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I use brushes (combination of Body Shop, Bare Escentuals. MAC, etc.) and a sponge.

- Do you use makeup base/ primer for the eyes?Yes. I use Urban Decay original one, Mac primer, and Clinique silver colored primer.

-For the face?
Yes, I'm using Korres at the moment but sometimes I just use my Biore SPF lotion as a primer.

- What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?I like brown tones for daily use, pinkish yellows and metallic shiny ones!

- Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?Pencil. My hands shake too much for liquid T-T

- How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeline pencil.
I don't...

- What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
A mess! I get them all over my face, my sink, my bathroom...ugh ><

- Do you use mineral makeup?
Sometimes. The powder stuff is too dry for me so I gave up on it. I like mineral eyeshadows though.

- What is your favorite lipstick?
Pinks, metallic yellows/oranges or something similar to my natural lip color.

- How about lipgloss?
I don't really have a preference with lip gloss...

- What is your favorite blush to use?At the moment I'm really loving my Lumene blush...it's matte :D

- Do you buy your makeup on ebay?I purchased some on Ebay. As long as I make sure it's not expired (always check the date when you get it) and I test it out first it's fine.

- Do you like drugstore makeup?It's OK, I don't see a big difference.

- Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
Um. I don't know, do those at outlet malls count?

- Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Hm. I could, but I don't want to dish out the money for 'em XP

- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?Sometimes LOL when I'm not sure what I want.

- Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I don't like it when people wear strange eyeshadow colors all the way up to their brow bones or even their crease. Like bright blue or bright green and it doesn't match anything they wear.

- Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Neutral, but I like to try the colorful stuff too.

- Which celebrity always has great make up?
Kim Kardashian :)

- If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Foundation.

- Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?I often do!

- Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?Sure, a little pale with the lack of sun and anemia and I'd rather cover up my blemishes but oh well.

- In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?I don't know.

- What do you think of Makeup?
I think it's a good way to boost confidence and give a good first impression.



Three name's I go by:
1. Jessica
2. Jess
3. Jessie

Three job's I have had:

1. Server at a Japanese-Korean BBQ Restaurant
2. Part-time Promoter
3. Office Assistant at a Law Office

Three places I have lived:
1. London, UK
2. Turku, Finland
3. Taipei, Taiwan

Three favorite drinks:
1. Water
2. Coke Zero
3. Coffee

Three TV shows I watch:
1. Gossip Girl
2. The Good Wife
3. Modern Family (how could I not? It's set in Santa Monica!)

Three places I have been: (in the U.S.)
1. Tahoe
2. Sacramento,CA
3. Seattle, WA

Three places I would like to visit:
1. Southern Islands in Taiwan
2. Seoul, Korea
3. Alaska (POLAR BEARS!!)

Three people who text me regularly:
1. My ex-roomie
2. My coworker
3. Yobo :D

Three favorite old TV shows:
1. Friends
2. Friends
3. Everwood

Three favorite dishes:
1. Sweet & Sour Chicken from Karimbas
2. Five Cheese Zitit al Forno from Olive Garden
3. Cheese Enchiladas from a local restaraunt in my hometown

Three makeup/beauty products I cannot live without:
1. Revlon Colorstay foundation
2. Estee Lauder Idealist
3. Covergirl Lash Blast

Three things I'm looking forward to:
1. Our wedding anniversary ^^
2. End of the quarter (it just started!)
3. Moving day (end of this month!)

3 comments:

  1. What kind of recycling does Finland have? I know in Taiwan, when I went back, the trash man came every day, so it made it seem like everyone had less trash. And it's pretty funny because they play what we call ice cream truck music! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think everyday is earth day! :) we should consume less energy, water, paper and plastic. i use envirosax and cloth bags for groceries :)

    ps. im totally the same with you on the skin undertones. hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and thanks for the award love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will seriously make my day ^___^
Thank you for taking the time to write to me. I will respond on this page.